




After my first installment of skin detox, I have changed a few of the products out from my routine. Mainly, because I felt the products were not cost-efficient. I got rid of the MyChelle fruit enzyme cleanser and the foundation. I really loved both products, but they both ran out too quickly. After some more trial and error, I found Keys: Island Rx Foaming Facial Cleanser and Keys: Luminos Hydrating Moisturizer. I love these products; no harsh chemicals and no preservatives, and the cleansing foam lasts forever!
During the day I use Josie Maran Argan Oil or Humbolt Botanicals Topical Nutrient Serum. The serum is amazing! It is packed with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and it is multi purpose as well.
And I am still taking Source Natural vitamins: Skin Eternal and the Hyaluronic Acid.
Much more beneficial than any moisturizer can do for your skin is real whole foods.
My favorite juice I make every day is Kale Juice. I have been drinking Kale juice for the past three years, and it has really helped my skin health and my overall health. It gives me energy for the entire the day. It is my lifesaver, before Kale juice I drank way too many cups of chai and coffee. By the end of the day I was jittery and exhausted. I still enjoy those drinks. I love them too much to give up but I drink them in moderation.
For now here is my recipe for Kale juice. There are plenty of recipes out there to try. I modified a recipe to fit my taste:
1 1/2 cup filtered water
3 to 4 dates
1 tsp light agave
4 large leaves of organic kale
1 pear
1 apple
1 to 2 tbsp lemon juice
Stick the ingredients in a blender and enjoy!
*I also add Healthforce Nutritionals Vitamineral Green and Vitamin C to my kale juice.
I am curious of what you do for your skin care routine...
14 comments:
Hi Cheryl, After your post months ago,I tried and am now hooked on the Skin Eternal pills. But you use both? So how much in dosage? I stopped taking the Skin Eternal and I noticed a difference in my skin within a few weeks.
Hi Jocy! I take two of both vitamins along with meals.
here is some info on the dosage:
http://www.sourcenaturals.com/products/GP1645/
I love the kale juice and cannot live without it! Although, I am very curious to try the Vitamineral Green and dates.
I've been using Weleda's Iris cleanser lately, which I am happy with as it is very gentle. But, I have to change it up a deeper cleanser, I think I'll try the Keys: Island Rx Foaming Facial Cleanser you have suggested. I've also been using Avene Thermal Spring water spray, which if not soothing, feels like a little touch of luxury. I used to get a good deal on Revive Moisturizing Renewal, but I find the Eclos Cellular Activator Face Serum is comparable, affordable, and plant based.
Thanks for sharing! I love these posts : )
whoa, will have to try this one bc i am trying to drink less coffee and chai too. didn't realize you can just use a blender, thought i had to get a juicer!
I agree with great skin coming from the inside. I love kale, but I have never tried it juiced. I'm going to start with this recipe! I use the blender too - it keeps the good stuff in there.
I have found that taking a green superfood supplement does wonders for all of me and it shows in my skin. Vital Greens is my green of choice (http://www.vitalgreens.com).
Another thing is water. LOADS of water, starting with 1.5 litres in the morning and another 2 litres across the day. (And and extra cup for each cup of chai I have).
I make all of my own skincare products from scratch and they are good, but I still think it's what I eat/drink that makes the biggest difference.
ashley- I forgot to mention that you can strain the juice after blending with a nut bag. I use to strain it, but I own a Vitamix now, and I stopped straining. I also read that is beneficial to keep all the fibers in the juice. The only juicer that can juice without oxidation,and maintains the the minerals and vitamins is a Hydraulic press juicer. But they cost around $2500.00.
Belinda- The vital greens sounds amazing. It looks as though they do not distribute to the U.S. yet
:(
Your so good with your water consumption! I need to be more diligent about that.
Also, I love the names you give your skincare products. The description for Roll in the Hay is my favorite! On my wishlist!
I am not exaggerating when I say that increasing my water intake has been life changing. My TCM doctor told me that nothing was more important than getting adequate water and that he has seen chronic illness cured by just changing that. I thought he was a bit bold to say that, but now that I am very vigilent with drinking water I believe it.
I can buy some Vital Greens and send it to you if you like. But I am sure you have an equivalent product that is just as good over there.
I think people are a bit embarassed to buy Roll In the Hay. One of my retailers told me that people kind of sheepishly bring it up to the counter and say it's for a friend or something. Haha.
Thanks for the recipe, I have started juicing kale allot but like the idea of just throwing stuff in the blender, way less mess. Am curious about taking pills? as a rule I don't take supplements but am crazy about skin stuff. After lots of trial and error I use Dr Hauschka everything but its pretty pricey. Really appreciate the healthy tips.
Your kale juice sounds delicious! I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing :)
About drinking green, there's a Khmer friend here who is like 10 years older than me, has 4 kids and looks amazing and has tons of energy. She swears by drinking this aloe juice mixture every morning. Kale is hard to find here, so I am looking at supplements.
shiloh- I love Dr. Hauschka's bronze concentrate for summer (it looks uber natural) and the rose day cream smells amazing. I used the line when I was living in Italy years ago it was a bit cheaper there at the time.
kate- I love your blog and your recipes! Your gold wellness drink saves me every time.
jocy- I haven't tried aloe yet. I saw a lot of aloe infused beverages in Japan, but for some reason I visualize sliminess when I think of aloe. I have to get over it. I must try it! Also, you don't have to use kale I use spinach as well. I just prefer the taste of kale.
@cheryl: aloe is the best! Especially for pitta types and as summer approaches, it's a great way to keep your skin glowing :) try mixing the gel with a little maple syrup- kinda yummy actually. and ditto on the bronze concentrate- love the stuff! so glad you're enjoying my recipes; i loved finding your site. it's so beautiful! fondly, Kate
Kate- Thanks for the advice about aloe. I look forward to trying it.
Thanks for sharing your skin care routine. I'm looking forward to trying your juice recipe.
I invested in a Clarisonic brush and have noticed a dramatic difference and improvement in my acne prone skin though it still appears somewhat dull. Maybe I need to consume aloe and more raw veggies to get that glow I had in my 20s. I take fish oil daily but I'm going to look into the Skin Eternal vitamins. What are your thoughts on BB creams?
Post a Comment