For the past few years I have had an obsession with natural skin care and make up. I am shocked by how many of the products we use are chock-full of chemicals, shocking really. My entire routine has changed, recently I have started to use MyChelle's skin care and their mineral make up. So far so good. The make up I have been using is quite minimal and perfect for spring and summer. As for my skin care I have found the best product I have tried in a long time, Josie Maran's Argan Oil. Saving the best for last is a supplement from Source Naturals called Skin Eternal. My best friend turned me on to these magical supplements...Honestly, they have changed the way my skin looks and feels.
1. MyChelle Dermaceuticals Sun Shield SPF 28
2. MyChelle Minerals Cream Foundation (Porcelain)
3. MyChelle Love Your Lips (Black Currant Pomegranate)
4. Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm (Rose)
5. Jane Iredale Loose Mineral Powder
6. Source Naturals Skin Eternal.

14 comments:
I'm with you--I've been switching to natural skin and hair care, including shower products. I love the Josie Maran Argan Oil and just bought her hair serum yesterday to fight the crazy frizz and humidity we've had on the east coast this spring.
for the first time in my life i'm starting to feel intense paranoia about the condition of my skin, but the amount of products out there is so overwhelming i just avoid it altogether. so thanks for the tips, this all sounds great :)
Moya- I love the argan oil! I am thinking of buying the cleansing oil once my normal cleanser runs out. Let me know how the hair serum works out.
I also switched my Bumble and Bumble hair products (which i loved) to Aubrey organics. I am really happy about the switch. Their Honeysuckle Rose shampoo/ conditioner smells amazing. I must say that finding a natural/organic shampoo/conditioner was the hardest.
Natasha- I completely agree about the overwhelming products out there. My list of products has been almost a mini research project for myself, which has taken me three years. The problem with natural products is there are so many popping up on the market and a lot of the time the product has the guise of being natural and organic. Reading the fine print is important.
So far, I'm loving the serum, Cheryl. It's like I have my good real hair back after about a year of dealing with crazy humidity that destroyed any shine and turned my hair into a mess of curls that looked like a brillo pad if I touched them with a comb or brush. The shine is back and I have normal hair again.
I agree that the organic/natural shampoos and (particularly) conditioners are the toughest to find. I like the Say Yes to Carrots line which claims to be organic but is suspiciously cheap. My bathroom is littered with conditioners and shampoos that contributed to the terrible condition of my hair.
I also recommend Pangea organics-their lavender shower gel is amazing.
i have been using the entire Josie Maran line for about 6 months and I love it.
Moya- The hair serum sounds amazing. Thank you for the recommendation of the Pangea line. I have never tried their range. I went on their website and I already have a wishlist of products!
Marti- Have you tried the Argan matchmaker serum foundation? It sounds interesting. Also, have you tried any of the Josie Maran make up? I am really curious about it.
I've been curious about argan oil and skin supplements. I'll have to give both a try soon!
I totally agree about natural shampoos and (especially) conditioners. All the products I have tried don't seem to provide enough hydration for my hair. How do you like the Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose conditioner?
Jennifer- The conditioner is great. It smells wonderful and leaves the hair soft and shiny. I also have their GDB conditioner, which does not have the greatest fragrance, but it really works for my hair.
I am not sure how natural it is, but Giovanni smooth as silk and 50/50 shampoo and conditioners are AMAZING! I am pretty sure they are SLC/paraben free/biodegradable etc but you never know. i am really suspicious of the say yes to carrots line too! not sure why
I checked out the yes to carrots line website and they are natural--I think it is just too good to be true. The products are cheap, work well, give $ to charity and are natural. Perhaps I should be more trusting. I'm carrying on using them regardless although I'm looking into other things. I love the Giovanni products too but the bottles are horribly designed and half the conditioner won't come out--but thank you for reminding me about them.
OK, I've been obsessed with vitamins, particularly now that I live in Cambodia. How good are these Skin Eternal things??? Do tell.
thanks so much for this. i'm also quite concerned about the chemicals we put in and on our body every day, and i've switched most products over... however, i've been perplexed about what to do about sunscreen. do i wear it? do i not? i'm definitely gonna try your rec. thx! :)
Jocy- The Skin Eternal supplements are amazing. I honestly think my skin looks better with out make up since I have taken these. There are different kinds on the Source Naturals site.
Thanks for all of the information on hair products in the comments! I have found that switching to a natural/organic line has been the hardest. Everytime I try something my hair just ends up a mess. I'll try the Aubrey organics next time I go to WFM and Moya - your recommendation of the argan hair oil sounds great. I used the argan oil as a moisturizer while pregnant and loved it.
Post a Comment