6.09.2011
Malia Mills Swimwear
I adore Malia Mills swimwear. My first swimsuit from her line was six years ago it was called the Striptease. Sounds scandalous, but it was actually a beautifully made bikini. So a lot has happened in six years and naturally my body changed after having O, and the one thing that did not change was my choice in swimwear. I love the philosophy of Malia Mills:
"it's vital to liberate women from feelings of inadequacy that accompany the struggle to find a suit that fits. it's imperative to show women that if a suit doesn't fit, it is the suit that is flawed, not the body. a swimsuit should represent sun and fun not fear and loathing!"
Since my birthday is coming up I am thinking the Dionne Chiffon one-piece, which has a great retro feel and beautiful floral print will be the perfect gift to myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
i really like their bathing suits and their philosophy too. i wish i went swimming enough to justify the cost of one of their pieces!
the dionne suit is really pretty!
It's lovely--happy birthday in advance!
Like Jen I can't justify the cost, especially as with my fair skin I'll mainly wear my swimsuits to the local swimming pool. Something this pretty shouldn't be exposed to chlorine for sure.
their bathing suits are gorgeous!
oh i love your blog (and that suit). i just found you via search party.
Moya- Thank you for the birthday wish!
Jennifer + Moya- I swim a lot both the pool and beach. I have to say that my Malia Mills swimsuits have stood the test of time. I do however take good care of them. But I wish they were cheaper. I have gotten a lot of wear out them so it is almost a justified purchase.
Renee- Have you gone to the Malia Mills store in Marin?
Erica- Thank you for the sweet comment.
Thank you for telling me about this line! Lovely.
Happy early birthday!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Malia Mills. I've seen their suits but have always been a bit afraid of the price. Suddenly after having N I'm feeling like a bit of modesty is okay and gravitating toward a 1 piece ... their suits are beautiful and the philosophy is compelling ... they do hold up well though?
Post a Comment